Sunday 24 January 2016

Respect Your Instincts

Respect Your Instincts: It is easy not to listen to what we call the “still, small voice within,"  that inner guide that is your personal source of wisdom. It is often difficult to march  to your own drum beat and listen to your instincts when the world around you pressures you to conform to its dictates. Yet, to find the fulfillment and abundance you seek, you must listen to those hunches and feelings that come to you when you most need them. As I grow older, I give far greater respect to my instincts and to the natural reservoir of intuition that slumbers within each one of us. The impressions I receive when I first meet a new person have come to play a larger part in the way I work and live. It seems that with age comes the corresponding ability to trust your own instincts.I have also found that my personal instincts grow stronger when I am living “on purpose ” that is to say, spending my days on activities that advance me along the path to my legacy. When you are doing the right things and living the way nature intended you to live, abilities you were not aware you had become engaged and you liberate the fullness of the person you really are. As the Indian philosopher Patanjali eloquently wrote:  When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all of your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, Your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a person far more than you ever dreamed yourself to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment