Wednesday 17 June 2015

My brother got a new life!...

Today I want to talk about the most difficult phase of my life. Almost 6 months back, my brother, 23 years of age then had a major operation in emergency when his intenstine bursted all of a sudden. He would complain of excruciating pain in the abdomen for years and we had gotten many tests also done but nothing ever came out in the tests. Little did we know what lay ahead.

He was admitted in the hospital immediately and we were told that he had to be operated immediately since the intestine had bursted so everything inside was turning poison. Before the operation, my bro was cold and had no pulse. He was given pulse so that he could be operated. The doctors told my dad that the chances that my bro would make it were very slim and that he might go into a coma or other terrible things could happen to him. But we had no option. After almost an hour of operation, the senior doctor came out and told my dad that everything was fine and almost after a 3 long hours, the operation was completed and my brother was saved after his intestine was mended.

But the doctors said that it was a major operation and that they had not closed the stitches because there’s infection and that until the infection is gone, they can’t stitch it. My brother and dad were in the hospital for almost a month where my brother had to struggle every day. Sometimes, he would be totally hopeless because of the pain and because of not being able to do the things we all take for granted. And he would doubt it if he would ever make it. The infection was taking a lot of time to go away already when my brother caught fever which would not go away. He had a temperature of 105 degree Celsius which didn’t go away for a week. The doctors were all worried and tried everything but the fever wouldn’t come down. They finally took to the last resort of going for the very high medication for pneumonia. Luckily it worked and my brother’s body found way back to the normal body temperature. Also, the added advantage of the high dosage brought the infection under control which went away in a week and then finally my brother’s stomach was stitched.

He came home along with dad after a month. It was no less than a miracle for all of us to see him today getting back on the feet. He still reminisces the time he had fought for his life every single day when being normal was a luxury and a far-fetched dream and still owes it big time to the team of doctors which included Dr. Lavneesh along with Dr.Keshav and Dr.Sanjay due to whom he got a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment