Friday 8 April 2016

Don't Wait for Change

Don't Wait for Change: You know I’ve never claimed to be perfect. I’ve always maintained that I’m no guru and most definitely a work in progress. Very ordinary. I have my strengths. And my flaws (like every human being). One of my weaknesses is impatience. I just have this aching need to get great things done. Can’t stand slow change. Need to make my impact, and to spend my talents (we all have them). Now.  Like some weaknesses, it’s also a great source of success. I move things forward fast. Just love speed. Only results matter (I’m generalizing, a bit). Makes me think of what Clint Eastwood said in a recent issue of Best Life: “Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.” Exactly.  Sure, work with your team. Yes, collaborate. Of course delegate to others who have strengths where you don’t. But sometimes, when everyone else is waiting for someone else to take the first step, you need to be the one to drive the change. To me, that’s courage in action. To me, that’s using your life well. To me, that’s leadership and for being extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment